Beauregard High School was formed in 1923 as Whatley High School with the consolidation several rural one-room schools in the area, including Whatley, Thompson, Hopewell, Hinson, Parker's Cross Road, and Dorsey Schools. By 1927, Whatley had absorbed Barron's Cross Road, Pleasant Grove, Sand Hill, Watoola, Pierce Chapel, and Marvyn Schools. This consolidated Whatley school served grades 1-11, with students wishing to finish high school attending Auburn High School seven miles northwest in Auburn. In 1927, Whatley school added the 12th grade and was accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. A teacher at the school, Kate Grimmett Parker, requested in 1928 that the school's name be changed to "Beauregard High School", after Confederate General P. G. T. Beauregard. This name change was accepted, and the school quickly adopted the mascot of the hornet, after the "Hornet's Nest", a particularly vicious area of fighting of General Beauregard's troops in the Battle of Shiloh.
Related pins: · Speedo Fail · Short Wedding Dress With Sleeves ·